New Student Registration
New students may be registered at the Central Registration Verification Office (CRVO), located at the west end of Caroline G. Atkinson School on West Seaman Avenue. At the time of registration, the following documents are required:
1. Child's birth certificate or passport
2. Proof of guardianship from court or the appropriate foster care papers
3. Signed physician's certificate of up-to-date immunization records
4. Current proof of Freeport School District address:
- At the time of registration, the following documents are required:
- Picture ID of parent registering.
- Child’s original birth certificate, passport, proof of guardianship or foster care documentation
- Up-to-date immunization record signed and stamped by physician. Missing signature and/or stamp will delay registration.
- Physical Lead Level result and tuberculosis screening result are required for Pre-K registration. Evidence of dental care is requested.
- Deed or current lease. If the deed or current lease is not in your name, you must complete a Resident Affidavit and have a Landlord Affidavit completed. Both must be notarized. The affidavit forms are available from the Central Registry Office.
- Three proofs of residency from separate sources dated within the last 45-60 days. No P.O. Box or junk mail is acceptable.
- Freeport water bill
- Freeport electric bill
- LIPA/Keyspan bill
- Business correspondence (no junk mail)
- Unemployment correspondence
- Foster care agency letter
- Mailed bank statement
- Nassau county tax bill
- Home/tenant/life/health insurance bill
- Federal/State mail with address
- Pay Stub with current address
- Social Security correspondence
- Mortgage statement
- Department of Social Services correspondence
- IRS correspondence
- Credit card statements
- NY driver’s license
- ID from Department of Motor Vehicles
- Stamped post office change of address form
- Report Cards/Transcripts
- Cable or Phone Bill
For pre-kindergarten admission, a child must have celebrated his or her 4th birthday on or before December 1st of that year and must submit a completed physical exam form, including lead testing. For kindergarten admission in September, a child’s 5th birthday must be reached on or before December 1st of that year.
Children transferring from other school districts will be placed in the appropriate grade, based on their prior school records and/or the judgment of the Assistant Superintendent, in collaboration with the school principal.
It is important to note that the District makes a concerted effort to ensure that all registrants are legal residents of Freeport. In the case of fraud, the District pursues tuition recovery through court action. Call the hotline at 867-5228 to report residency fraud.